For pet owners who want to nurture more hygienic dogs, the best smelling dog shampoo is the way to go. These shampoos are formulated with nicely scented ingredients to get rid of urine, dirt, poop, and the dreaded wet smell found in most dogs. They come in various forms including waterless to suit the needs of pet parents who don’t have the time to wash their pets very often. Most of these shampoos are multipurpose to enable you to use them on all pets including dogs, horses, and even cats. These shampoos are pet-recommended to ensure they are hypoallergenic and safe to use on pets with sensitive skin. If you want to make your dog easy to snuggle with, take a read through the following top 10 best reviews. There are numerous great smelling shampoos for you to pick from.
List of the Best Smelling Dog Shampoo in Reviews
|Pro Pet Works All Natural Organic 5 in One Oatmeal Pet Shampoo +...||$17.99 $14.29||Detail On Amazon →|
|4-Legger Organic Dog Shampoo - All Natural and Hypoallergenic with Aloe and...||$15.98||Detail On Amazon →|
01. Earthbath Natural Pet Shampoo
Formulated with oatmeal and aloe Vera, the Earthbath Natural Pet Shampoo addresses the needs of dry itchy skin. It works effectively to combat skin irritation, re-moisturize dry skin, and promote healing. Moreover, this shampoo is completely natural, making it suitable for use on dogs of 6 weeks and above.
- PH-balanced and Soap-free: Cleans and deodorizes safely and thoroughly
- Oatmeal and Vanilla fragrance: Leaves your pet’s skin and coat looking soft and smelling better than before
- 100% biodegradable formulation: Makes this shampoo gentle not to wash off topical flea applications
- This shampoo is available in various sizes to choose from
- It comes in an easy to use bottle
- The shampoo lathers very easily and washes off well
- There are several colors and scents to suit various needs
- Suitable for puppies and adult dogs with sensitive skin
- This shampoo may leave a residue behind, so make sure you give it extra rinsing
02. Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Medicated Shampoo for Dogs
Give your dog effective clinical care using the Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Medicated Shampoo for Dogs. With an easy regimen of shampooing 2 to 3 times per week, it can give your pet relief from red skin rashes, hair loss, inflamed scalp, and thick-crusted skin. What’s more, this shampoo is affordable to enable you to maintain the treatments for long-lasting results.
- Micronized sulfur: Helps to treat skin scaling caused by seborrhea
- Colloidal oatmeal and Allantoin: Hydrates skin to promote healing
- Fast-acting design: Works fast to relieve bacterial and parasitic infections
- PH balanced treatment: Protects your dog’s sensitive skin
- Works great for dogs of 12 weeks of age
- This dog shampoo is effective and affordable
- It is gentle not to remove tropical spot-on flea treatments
- Suitable for dogs with allergic and yeasty skin
- Available in various sizes and styles to choose from
- The smell can be quite strong; however, this shampoo works really well
03. Pro Pet Works Oatmeal Dog Shampoo and Conditioner
Composed of natural organic ingredients, the Pro Pet Works Oatmeal Dog Shampoo and Conditioner are ideal for pets with allergies to grass, food, and flea bites. It has a multipurpose design to enable you to use it on cats, dogs, ferrets, as well as rabbits. What’s more, this shampoo is paraben-free and cruelty-free to boost your confidence in purchasing.
- Among oil and vitamins: They make this shampoo gentle not to irritate your dog while bathing
- Aloe-enriched conditioner: Results into a soft coat that is easy to brush
- 100% biodegradable materials: Ensures non-toxic and environmentally friendly performance
- This shampoo restores natural oils
- It is therapeutic to keep your pet smelling fresh
- Contains no harsh chemicals, sulfates, or added colors
- This shampoo is backed by a 100% money-back guarantee
- Moisturizes, conditions, and soothes sensitive skin
- This shampoo comes in a small bottle for the price but it is worth every single penny
04. BEXLEY LABS Curaseb Shampoo for Dog and Cats
The BEXLEY LABS Curaseb Shampoo for Dog and Cats is the same if not better quality than other leading competitors. Thus, it is super effective to treat a broad spectrum of skin related problems in both cats and dogs. Better yet, this shampoo cleans thoroughly to eliminate the smelly musty odor caused by fungus and bacteria.
- Chlorhexidine and Ketoconazole: They combine to fight fungi and bacteria
- Cucumber melon scent: Leaves behind a pleasant and refreshing smell
- Active ingredients: Provide veterinary strength for less money
- Available in two various sizes to suit people with various needs and budgets
- Suitable for pets with sensitive skin
- Clears all skin infections to leave your pet feeling healthy
- This shampoo is soft and easy to use
- It comes with instructions for added convenience
- This shampoo is pricey; however, you get what you pay for
05. Honeydew Colloidal Oatmeal Dog Shampoo
Designed to be hypoallergenic, the Honeydew Colloidal Oatmeal Dog Shampoo is suitable for dogs and puppies with sensitive skin. It is extremely soothing to relieve your dog of flaky dry skin so he can feel and look better. Plus, this shampoo is manufactured in a state-of-the-art facility in the USA to ensure it meets all the GMP standards.
- All-natural formulation: Provides gentle but effective performance
- Clinical strength design: Protects and prevents skin irritation on your dog’s fur
- Essential lavender oil formula: Delivers a homeopathic comforting effect to make your dog easier to bathe
- This shampoo is more effective on sensitive dogs than other options
- It contains high-quality ingredients to ensure strong cleaning and odor removal
- The formula is gentle and tear-free to encourage bath time
- This shampoo is paraben-free and cruelty-free to be gentle on you and your pet
- Makes fur shiny with no heavy after-scents
- This shampoo has no scent varieties to choose from
06. WAHL Pet Deodorant for Dogs
Wahl has been serving professional groomers and vets for over 5 decades, which is why the WAHL Pet Deodorant for Dogs is a must-have for any pet owner. It is easy to use as all you need to do is to spray on the pet for refreshments between baths. Furthermore, this deodorizer comes in a nice spray bottle to allow for easy application every time.
- Spearmint and eucalyptus composition: Deodorizes dirty and smelly odors of the skin and coat
- Allergy-friendly: Makes this shampoo safe and effective on sensitive skin
- Plant-derived ingredients: Enables you to deodorize your dog with no harsh chemicals
- 8 oz spray bottle: Provides for plenty of refreshing between baths
- This deodorizer smells nice and not overpowering
- It is suitable for use on all dogs
- Makes the coat strong and shiny
- The scent fades away after a few hours but it is effective at masking odors
07. 4-Legger USDA Certified Organic Dog Shampoo
Made up of biodegradable ingredients, the 4-Legger USDA Certified Organic Dog Shampoo is vegan, cruelty-free and eco-friendly. Thus, it is suitable for use on pets of all ages including puppy without stripping them of their natural oils. What’s more, this shampoo is USDA-certified to boost your confidence in buying.
- High-concentration: Enables you to use just a little shampoo for every wash
- Natural essential oils: Provides a soothing effect bath after bath
- Hypoallergenic formulation: Makes this shampoo gentle on you and your pet
- This shampoo is 100% non-toxic for safety
- It is easy to lather and rinses off nicely
- This shampoo contains no artificial thickeners to ensure no toxicity is added to your dog’s bath
- It naturally deters fleas with lemongrass essential oils
- Helps to get rid of that wet dog smell
- This shampoo comes in a small bottle for the price but a little goes a long way
08. Wahl Pet Friendly Shampoo for Animals
For dogs, horses, cats, or any other animals that don’t like wet shampoo, the Wahl Pet Friendly Shampoo for Animals is just what you need. It has a calming formula that helps to settle restless animals during cleanup. Additionally, this shampoo has been used by groomers and vets for several decades so you can rest easy knowing it is safe.
- Allergy-friendly: Makes it safe and effective on pets with sensitivity
- Plant-derived chamomile and lavender: Cleanses, detangles, and conditions the pet’s coat and skin
- Waterless design: Provides great results with no rinsing required
- This shampoo is gentle on you and your pet
- It has a soothing scent that your pet will love
- Leaves the hair and fur looking soft and smooth
- It is paraben-free, cruelty-free with a balanced pH
- This shampoo is great for pets who don’t like to have full baths
- It is so easy to use and works well
- You may need a lot of this shampoo to clean a large playful dog
09. Burt’s Bees Oatmeal Shampoo and Conditioner
The Burt’s Bees Oatmeal Shampoo and Conditioner contain a balanced PH that makes it mild and tearless. As a result, it is safe and gentle for you to use on dogs and puppies of all ages. Plus this shampoo is free of sulfates, fragrances, shampoos, colorants, and harsh chemicals to safeguard the health of your little furry friend.
- Veterinarian recommended formula: Provides safe and effective cleaning
- Oatmeal and beeswax: Cleans, softens, and soothes sensitive skin
- Natural formulas: Makes this shampoo lather lightly not to rip off natural oils
- Available in various sizes to suit people with various budgets
- This shampoo fights natural malodors to give your pet a fresh smell
- Comes in a large bottle for the price
- Leaves the coat shiny and easy to untangle
- This shampoo has a nice scent that you and your dog will enjoy
- This shampoo is very light it may run out too quickly
10. Dechra Miconahex + Triz Pet Shampoo
Treat bacterial skin infections and tropical fungal on dogs, cats, and horses using the Dechra Miconahex + Triz Pet Shampoo. It works by restoring dry damaged skin to make your pet look clean and healthy. This shampoo is highly concentrated to ensure it continues to work even after you have rinsed it off.
- Medicated design: Enables you to treat most skin infections on pets
- ceramides: Aids in repairing, moisturizing, and restoring damaged skin
- Multipurpose design: Allows you to use the shampoo on cats, dogs, and horses
- This shampoo comes in two sizes to choose from
- Cleans and supports healthy skin
- Eliminates excessive itching and licking
- This shampoo is easy to apply and works well
- May cause skin reaction in some dogs; otherwise, it works well
How to choose the best smelling dog shampoo
When it comes to finding the best smelling dog shampoo there are several things involved; however, the following are some of the factors that will simplify your search. Take a look.
When looking for the best dog smelling shampoo, one of the things you need to consider is the ingredients used in the formulation. Make sure you are familiar with included ingredients to protect your dog from strange items that may put him at risk. Also, it is advisable for you to consider shampoo with natural ingredients.
The size of the best smelling dog shampoo goes hand in hand with its price. Hence, you need to consider only those shampoos that are within your budget. Make sure the shampoo comes in a reasonable bottle that can serve you long enough without running out. Similarly, the shampoo should be concentrated so that you only use a little in every bath session.
Although these shampoos are best-smelling, not all of them work on all dogs. Therefore, you need to consider a special shampoo that has effective odor control properties. In this regard, focus on shampoos that make odors go away completely rather than those that just mask the odors.
Choosing the best smelling dog shampoo can be a nightmare given the various brands the industry has to offer. However, we have conducted thorough research and reviews to unveil to you some of the top-rated products on the market right now. Most of them are organic and affordable so you can get value for your money in every purchase. So make sure you read through to take home the right dog shampoo.